Rules and policies are in place to make sure your child remains safe and well at school.
Visit the NSW Department of Education’s policy library for all current operational policies.
Attendance and absences
Students must attend school regularly so they can achieve their educational best and increase their career and life options.
In NSW, all children from the age of 6 are legally required to attend school or be registered for home schooling through the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). All students must complete Year 10, or its equivalent.
For more information about compulsory school attendance, visit:
Application for Extended Leave - Travel
Regular attendance at school is essential to assist students to maximise their full potential. With this considered, holidays and travel arrangements are encouraged to be taken during school holidays and not during term dates. If the decision is made to take considerable time off class, an Application for Extended Leave form must be filled out and approved by the Principal. These forms are available at the front office.
School frameworks (school policies)
The following frameworks apply to students at our school.
Values are taught in the classroom to help our students to:
- develop a love of learning
- pursue excellence and high standards
- develop care and respect for themselves and others
- take pride in their work
- exhibit a strong sense of fairness and social justice
- have respect for and understanding of Australia's history including the cultures and experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the first peoples of Australia, and Australia as a multicultural society
- have an appreciation of Australia's history and multicultural society
- actively participate as citizens.